Help us give back to your community!
The MLSE Foundation believes all kids should have access to sport and the opportunity to develop lasting dreams on the playing field. With the support of all four MLSE teams – the Toronto Maple Leafs, Toronto Raptors, Toronto FC and Toronto Marlies – the Foundation funds the refurbishment of local athletic facilities and programs that support kids through sports and recreation. Since launching in December 2009, the MLSE Foundation has invested more than $9.5 million into our community.
IT’S TIME TO VOTE!
Charities have submitted their project ideas to provide kids with access to sports and recreation. Now it’s your turn to help choose who could win a grant for up to $50,000!View
Engage your supporters to help you make it through to the final four for a chance to receive a $50,000 grant.
What is the Team Up Fund?
It is an online competition for charitable organizations in Ontario in need of funding for a youth related recreational program or capital project.
Since 2012 we have awarded TEN grants, totalling $400,000, to support youth related recreational or capital projects!
Check out previous winners under the PAST WINNERS tab.
This year we will be awarding FOUR grants, totalling $200,000 with each grant being $50,000. All FOUR grants will be open to capital and/or programming projects.
This year, the competition is back with a new and exciting component. In addition to funding, this year’s grant recipients will have an opportunity to participate in a workshop in summer 2014. The workshop will include speakers from Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment and will provide value to the charitable organizations in areas such as Marketing, Sponsorship, Communication and more. Stay tuned for more details.
Are you eligible?
To enter a Project Proposal to the Team Up Fund, we need you and your organization to meet the following requirements to be eligible for consideration:
- Your organization must be a charitable organization that is registered as a charity by the Canada Revenue Agency
- You must be an employee at the registered charitable organization associated with the project proposal
- The charitable organization associated with the project proposal must be located in Ontario and must serve children in Ontario
- The project must provide or support sports and recreational based programming for youth in Ontario and/or have a recreational facility that requires refurbishment in Ontario
- The grant must be spent within three years of receiving it
- You must be a permanent resident or citizen of Canada
- You must have approval by a parent or guardian if under the age of 18
FOR FULL ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA, PLEASE CLICK HERE
The Team Up Fund will open up for public voting on March 3, 2014 (12:00am ET). Charitable organizations are encouraged to engage their supporters and spread the word about their project.
- Please note that the contest is running on a 24 hour clock from 12:00am ET to 11:59pm ET, therefore the first round of public voting will open at 12:00am ET on March 3, 2014 and close at 11:59pm ET on March 21, 2014.
Voters will be permitted to submit one vote per day.
- For example, voters will be able to submit one vote between 12:00am ET and 11:59pm ET on March 3, 2014.
- The Top FOUR projects, who have received the most votes will receive one $50,000 grant.
- The Team Up Fund 2014 recipients will be announced on April 1, 2014 at the Toronto Maple Leafs game.
PLEASE VIEW OUR FULL TERMS & CONDITIONS
** Please direct all questions regarding the Team Up Fund to MLSEFoundation@MLSE.com Phone call inquiries will not be accepted.